On top of the full range of features and controls normally only seen in high end studio equipment, such as input and gain reduction metering, independent attack and release controls, a mix knob for parallel compression, and an external sidechain insert, we’ve now added a ‘tilt’ tone eq control, and a selectable sidechain high pass filter built into the Compressor’s detection circuit. Oh, and the whole package is now half the size and available in two snazzy colours!
- All Analog Signal Path - no digitals in here!
- Extremely Transparent - Add dynamic control without altering the original tone of your instrument
- 3 Compression Ratios - 2:1, 4:1 and 10:1 ratios offer lots of flexibility
- Attack and Release Control - allows for ultimate control over the compression characteristics
- Mix - Blend uncompressed signal in with the compressed signal for parallel compression, New York Style!
- Metering - Meter both gain reduction and input levels on separate meters.
- Tone - New tone knob, a "tilt" sytle tone knob centered at 500Hz to nail that perfect tone.
- Sidechain Send/Return- 3.5mm TRS jack send and return for sidechain compresson.
- Sidechain High Pass Filter - No need to add a high pass filter to the sidechain, now there is one built in that can be toggled off or set to 120 or 240Hz.
- True Display LEDs - Bright multi-color LEDs always let you know what the compressor is doing.
- Power On Bypassed or Engaged - For musicians that never want to turn their compressor off.
- True Bypass - The Empress Compressor employs true bypass, so you can be sure that it's not affecting the signal when disengaged.
- Small Size - New enclosure approximately half the size of the original compressor, which is delightfully small when considering all the features packed into this unit.
- Beautiful Case - It has a sparkle you can't deny, in blue or silver!
|Frequency Response (-3dB)||20Hz - 20kHz|
|Distortion||less than 0.1%|
|Power Input Voltage||9 - 18 V DC (Negative tip)|
|Power Input Connector||2.1mm barrel connector (Negative tip)|
|Power Consumption||~ 100mA|
|Enclosure Material||Die Cast Aluminum|
|Input connector||1/4" Jack|
|Output connector||1/4" Jack|
|Height (Enclosure only)||1.5"|
|Height (including controls)||2.5"|