On top of the full range of features and controls normally only seen in high end studio equipment, such as input and gain reduction metering, independent attack and release controls, a mix knob for parallel compression, and an external sidechain insert, we’ve now added a fully variable sidechain high pass filter, and a two position ‘tone + colour’ circuit which adds gentle tone sculpting and harmonic distortion, giving your bass some delicious character.
- All Analog Signal Path - no digitals in here!
- Extremely Transparent - Add dynamic control without altering the original tone of your instrument
- 3 Compression Ratios - 2:1, 4:1 and 10:1 ratios offer lots of flexibility
- Attack and Release Control - allows for ultimate control over the compression characteristics
- Mix - Blend uncompressed signal in with the compressed signal for parallel compression, New York Style!
- Metering - Meter both gain reduction and input on separate meters.
- Tone + Color - Adds mild harmonic distortion with a mid range cut or an upper mid range boost.
- Sidechain Send/Return- 3.5mm TRS jack send and return for sidechain compresson.
- Sidechain High Pass Filter - a variable high pass filter that filters low frequencies from the sidechain. The filter frequency ranges from 20Hz to 400Hz.
- Improved Low End Frequency Response - To handle those low low sounds, completely flat down to 20Hz.
- True Display LEDs - Bright multi-color LEDs always let you know what the compressor is doing.
- True Bypass - The Empress Compressor employs true bypass, so you can be sure that it's not affecting the signal when disengaged.
- Small Size - New enclosure approximately half the size of the original compressor, which is delightfully small when considering all the features packed into this unit.
- Beautiful Case - It has a sparkle you can't deny, available in blue or silver!
|Frequency Response (-3dB)||10Hz - 20kHz|
|Distortion||less than 0.1%|
|Power Input Voltage||9 - 18 V DC (Negative tip)|
|Power Input Connector||2.1mm barrel connector (Negative tip)|
|Power Consumption||~ 100mA|
|Enclosure Material||Die Cast Aluminum|
|Input connector||1/4" Jack|
|Output connector||1/4" Jack|
|Height (Enclosure only)||1.5"|
|Height (including controls)||2.5"|